The Interior Ministry has launched an inquiry to track down the perpetrators of the bomb explosion which left one policeman dead and another injured, Public Security Chief Major-General Tariq Hassan Al Hassan announced.
He said a policeman got killed whilst on duty on Friday morning as a result of a bomb explosion, while another officer escaped with serious injuries.
“The explosion occurred at one of the entrances of East Ekar in the Central Governorate where police were patrolling at the time,” he said.
He pointed out that the patrol unit had been attacked by violent rioters and the policemen were subject to assault from Molotov cocktails and an explosive device.
Both officers were taken to hospital where one of them succumbed to his injuries on Friday morning while the other remains in critical condition.
Public Security Chief Major-General Tariq Hassan Al Hassan said that the concerned authorities were called to the crime scene and an investigation was launched to arrest the suspects and bring them to justice. Anyone with any information should call the police hotline at 80008008. All calls are treated as anonymous.